botnet script for eggdrop
This file lists all significant updates to the script and components in
each new version.
If upgrading from netbots.tcl v4.00 or later:
- Read the "Script Updates" section below to familiarise yourself with the changes in this version.
- Read the "Settings Updates" section below to check whether you need to add/remove/change settings in your existing netset.tcl file. Edit it if necessary.
- Upload netbots.tcl and each component to the shell of your hub bot (or other distribution bot), overwriting the old versions.
- Rehash the bot to make sure it loads fine. If it does, you can perform a .netupdate (as described in netbots.txt) to upgrade the rest of your netbots.
If updating from a netbots.tcl version older than v4.00, it's recommended that you delete your old installation, restart each bot, and perform the setup from scratch as described in netbots.txt.
- Added cl_priority setting to chanlimit.tcl section.
- Added ex_telnethost setting to extras.tcl section.
- sentinel.tcl settings have changed significantly. If you use the sentinel.tcl component, you should redo your sentinel.tcl settings by copying those from the example netset.tcl. You'll need to refer to the components documentation to understand the new settings and changes to existing ones.
- The section that removed redundant functions leftover from old versions of netbots.tcl has been deleted.
- No changes.
- The ms_mservers setting in
mainserver.tcl section is now set in the same style as ms_servers
(i.e. list with braces).
- Changed nb_nudisable to nb_netupdate.
It is necessary to read the components
documentation for more info.
- The nb_ctrlbots and nb_group
settings must now be separated by commas instead of spaces, e.g. "bot1,bot2,botN"
instead of "bot1 bot2 botN".
- Removed nb_autopass.
- Added rp_efficient in repeat.tcl
- Components to be unloaded on next restart are now listed in .components, .netinfo -more, and when rehashing.
- The nb_update update check is now performed weekly instead of every other day.
- Replaced nb_tmin and nb_thour global variables with different method for setting/deleting random time binds.
- Added missing permanent owner check for .components command.
- Fixed a bug that caused -more argument in .netinfo to be ignored if not controlling the current bot.
- Now calls chanlimit.tcl v4.09.1 or later (if available) for raising limits first. This allows the setting of a more appropriate limit and reduces +l flooding if chanlimit.tcl's cl_priority feature is enabled.
- Adds a delay feature which should reduce +l flooding a bit if you're not using chanlimit.tcl.
- Will now attempt to give out the key for a channel even if the bot is not opped on it.
- Added the cl_priority feature, which is useful for reducing +l flooding.
- Added the ex_telnethost feature. This automatically adds telnet hostmasks (e.g. -email@example.com) to users with the flags specified $ex_telnethost once a day or when the .telnethosts command is used.
- This EFnet-specific component has been removed as the functions it performed are no longer applicable.
- Fixed sl_nkflood "invalid channel" error when bind doesn't provide channel.
- Added support for custom lock modes. sl_locktimes replaces the old sl_ilocktime and sl_mlocktime settings.
- The avalanche/tsunami detector is now a general text/notice flood detector, and the sl_avflood setting has been renamed to sl_txflood to reflect this.
- Added settings sl_txlength and sl_nclength.
- Modified functionality of sl_tsunami (0 now disables _both_ tsunami and avalanche detection, 1 or more enables both and determines the number of control codes needed for a message to be considered part of a "tsunami").
- The sl_txflood setting is now sl_linecap to reduce confusion about this particular detector.
- Fixed netdump which was sending user's handle to the server instead of
the specified text.
- Removed deletion of nb_chattr proc from the bottom section of
netset.tcl. This should be the end of nb_chattr errors.
- Improved update check. Removed unnecessary sendnote check, added check
for valid recipients, and runs every other day instead of daily.
- Fixed bot not kicking after multiple repeat flood detection if
rp_warning was enabled.
- Wasn't properly handling 0:0 settings (to disable detection). Shifted
lots of things around to fix.
- Now checks if ban is already in the list before trying to add it
(reduces sharebot +b-b floods).
- Swapped around nb_killutimers which were in the wrong place.
- Rearranged a few things at the start of the script.
- Added global-revenge-mode in nb_chanset.
- Added malformed data check in nb_gotcmd to prevent possible errors.
- Removed 'initial' argument from nb_randomise proc (note that this may
produce errors in old third-party netbots components). Should be using
- Added a plural thingy in netpass.
- Fixed possibility of a "random limit must be greater than
zero" error if ai_msgbots is enabled but there are no other bots on
the channel to msg.
- Changed the ms_mservers setting to a list format (same as ms_servers),
and they're now randomised (also like ms_servers).
- Fixed incorrect variable name which caused an error if sl_masktype was
set to 2.
- Enhanced netupdate now downloads files from the hub/distribution bot
only if different from those it already has (smart update feature).
- Changed nb_nudisable to a more flexible nb_netupdate setting (see
components.txt for details on the new setting).
- Changed most netbot commands to send things in lists instead of strings
in both core and component scripts, which breaks compatibility with older
versions of netbots.tcl and my own components, but nb_sendcmd works
exactly the same way so older third-party components should still work
- Removed some unnecessarily declared global variables in procs and did
some other small cleanups.
- Major changes to the way netpass words, it now uses a 'password table'
instead of a single botnet-wide password (which was less secure), and the
command syntax has also changed.
- Removed nb_autopass feature which, with the new netpass, would cause too
many failed links due to incorrect password (may implement a more advanced
version of this feature in the future to avoid this).
- Made nb_plural more flexible (command syntax has changed too).
- The '-info' argument in .components and .netinfo sounded funny, changed
it to '-more'.
- More unbinded procs are now deleted for efficiency.
- Changed use of 'split' in timers to the less ugly 'list' in core and
component scripts - let's see if this breaks anything.
- netupdate -file now accepts wildcards and multiple files.
- netupdate no longer rehashes bots automatically after -file updates.
- nb_ctrlbots and nb_group must now be separated by commas instead of
spaces (consistency allows for simultaneous nb_group compatibility with
nb_set and nb_ctrlbots standard mode).
- Bot no longer sends msgs to itself when ai_msgbots is enabled.
- Moved validchan and botonchan checks so that you can send msgs to
non-existent channels, which will reset idle-time on most networks.
- Removed some not-completely-necessary matchattrs in bop_askbot to
- Small improvements in botname variable checking.
- Fixed variable in mass deop proc which caused netbots to be deopped if
nb_flag was set to 'all'.
- Integrated more accurate (but less efficient) repeat detection which can
be optionally enabled by setting rp_efficient to 0.
- Added rp_warning feature which replaces kicks with warning messages.
- Fixed 'allbans' error which could occur when sl_wideban is disabled.
- Added sl_masktype option, currently offering three different ban/ignore
- Merged unsets in sl_unsetarray
- Added sl_detectquits to enable detection of quits as part of the
join-part flood detection (currently disabled and undocumented - not sure
how many networks it would be of any use on since there's usually no
distinguising between user and server-invoked netsplit quits).
- sb_checkop now pays attention to the sb_chans setting.
To view updates throughout the v2.xx and v3.xx series, download an old
version of netbots.tcl and view the updates.txt file.